Eagle Specialty Products is a privately owned company located in America's heartland. Our small company atmosphere has a national reach that focuses on quality, customer needs, and service.
Founded as a manufacturer's representative company in 1959 by Floyd Thomas Senior and Bill English, the original name was Thomas & English. This small two-man company operated a 9,000 square foot warehouse and sold raw materials to paint manufacturers in St. Louis until 1985. Then, with the changing landscape in global coatings formulation and acquisitions growing the size of large companies, Eagle shifted focus to creation, ushering in a new era of growth and upward mobility.
Under the leadership of Floyd Thomas II, Eagle Specialty Products moved from a distribution role into manufacturing. The manufacturing division began by making polyols for two-component urethane systems and continued it's brand of formulation until 1999. When the next generation of the Thomas family, Floyd III, took ownership of the company, ESP began manufacturing pigment dispersions and specialty additives for the paint and coatings community.
ESP currently owns and operates over 500,000 square feet of office, manufacturing, laboratory and warehouse space. As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, we are committed to providing the highest quality products and services to our partners.
With over 200 high quality standard products, national distribution and attention to our customers, ESP has quickly become a valuable supplier to the chemical engineering arena.